KNU Press Release 3/2023
October 6th, 2023 • Category Photo • Author: Saw Thaw Thi
11 September 2023
1. On the 7th of September 2023, the Coup Council/SAC launched three air strikes in total: one in Thay Thu Thee Village, Kae Pu Village Track, Lu Thaw Township, one in Kaw Yaw Baw Hta Village, Ler Mu Plaw Village Track, Lu Thaw Township and another in Htee Kaw Htar Village, Nar Koe Khee Village Track, Dwe Loe Township, by intentionally targeting on innocent public, their religious buildings, schools and households.
2. These airstrikes by fighter jets have caused the loss of the lives of one male schoolteacher and four students, and have injured one female schoolteacher, five students, and one villager. Due to these intentionally targeted airstrikes, one school building, one student dormitory, one church, one worship space and ten households were destroyed.
3. The specific lists of the loss of lives, households, schools, dormitory, and churches during the airstrikes are as follow.
– In Thay Thu Thee Village, Kae Pu Village Track, Lu Thaw Township, Saw Sray Mu (45-year-old) was injured, and four households of (1) Saw Hae Mu, (2) Saw Lay Mu, (3) Saw Tha Wah, and (4) Saw Maung Ba were destroyed.
In Kaw Yaw Baw Hta Village, Ler Mu Plaw Village Track, Lu Thaw Township, six households of (1) Saw Eh Kanyaw, (2) Kaw Ke Mae, (3) Saw Khar Gay Mu, (4) Saw Say Pwe Wah, (5) Naw Htoo Nuu and (6) Saw Plar Wah were destroyed, and one church, one school building and one worship building were demolished.
In Htee Kaw Htar Village, Nar Koe Khee Village Track, Dwe Loe Township, as the airstrike is targeted on the dormitory. (1) Saw Phar Dah in his 56 (school teacher), (2) Saw Eh Mu Lar in his 14 (student), (3) Naw Htee Khu Phaw in her 16 (student), and (4) Saw Bo Gyi in his 13 (students) were killed, and (1) Naw Phaw Say Htoo in her 14 (student), (2) Naw Dah Wah in her 11 (student), (3) Saw Eh Mular Wah in his 9 (student), (4) Saw Eh Nay Htoo in his 15 (student), (5) Naw Mular Kapaw in her 16 (student) and (6) Naw Dar in her 24 (schoolteacher) were injured.
4. SAC has been conducting airstrikes arbitrarily against civilians and committing war crimes brazenly. Therefore, we urge the United Nations (UN), the members of the United Nations, international justice mechanisms, ASEAN, the members of ASEAN, and international human rights organizations to take action for more effective sanctions on SAC.
5. We, Karen National Union KNU, declare that we will protect the lives and properties of civilians by any means.
Central Executive Committee KNU- Karen National Union Central